Friday, August 12, 2011

Rising Action

"...I know quite well why I can't-what wwould it be like if I coule, if I were free-not enslaved by my conditioning."  Pg. 91

     Well, I do believe this confession was inevitable. When I thought about how the story would progress, I was almost certain someone would come along and disrupt, if not challenge, the solace the World State had built. If there were any appropriate candidate for it to come from, Bernard would be the individual. He is already disturbed by his own abnormalities. I see Bernard as becoming one of the most highly intelligent characters in the book simply because he has the audacity to question. He asks why he can't be happy in a different kind of way. He asks why he can't find his own happiness. I doubt Bernard has the power to change such a mammoth social structure. Nevertheless, this character will continue the rising action and add some variety to the brave new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment